Friday, February 27, 2009

Who needs Mom when Dad is around?

Emma has been sick today. (runny nose, tired eyes, no appetite) I was up with her on and off all night sucking out snot so she could breath. We have both been pretty tired all day! Charles wasn't home last night due to being on call so when he got home I put him on Emma duty. Why does it feel like she cries and cries with me but when Charles shows up she is in awe? He is so patient with her and I love to watch him rock and cuddle her until she falls asleep. He is such a sweet and loving man and Emma is one lucky little girl to have such a great daddy! Here are a few pics of them together last night and tonight.



8 comments:

Joni said...

Katie she is BEAUTIFUL!! And you know I wouldn't lie to you:) I want to meet her so bad! We should try to meet in the middle sometime!!

Molly said...

She is just beautiful!! I don't think I'll be able to say that enough! Could her eyes get any bluer? I'm so sorry she's been sick..it is so hard to see your baby not feeling good..I hope she gets better soon. If Charles is anything like his daddy, he will be a wonderful dad. Ronnie was and still is a great dad and always so much fun. Taylor looks like Charles a little in those pictures. It was kind of weird. I could imagine Taylor being a dad like that someday! Wow! Hope you all get some good rest very soon!! Love ya and give "cutie pie" a big hug and kiss!

Corbin and Amy said...

What tender moments for you guys!! I can't wait to see Corbin in "daddy mode." Charles looks like a great dad!

Lori said...

Sorry to hear Emma has been sick. Kameen too. I'm sure it just seems that she cries more with you because she's with you more! I also believe that they cry most to the one they trust most. But, it is very sweet to see the men become big teddy bears when their baby is in their arms. ;)

Jill said...

Charles, you are a great Daddy! I hope Emma is feeling better soon! Katie, you look great. Glad to see you guys are doing great!

Randi Freeby said...

So sweet. I love all the pics and I am glad you had some time to post. I keep checking and your daughter is just precious!

Faith said...

Hope Emma feels better! It is really hard having a sick baby. Wow, when did Charles turn sweet?! I'm sure he is a great Dad, it's still so weird to imagine him as a father!!

Unknown said...

Amy,

What a beautiful family. You and your family looks like they are doing wonderful. Congratulations.