Sunday, November 16, 2008

Delicious Pumpkin Bread!


My Nana sent me this recipe a few weeks ago... I made it last week and it is delicious!! You can make it with or without the glaze. Easy and quick bread to make for the holidays! ENJOY!!
Nana's Pumpkin Bread
from the kitchen of Laquita Lucas
2/3 cup shortening 1 t cinnamon
3 1/3 cups sugar 1 t cloves
4 eggs 1 cup chopped nuts
16 oz can of pumpkin
2/3 cup water
3 1/3 cups flour
2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking powder
Mix shortening and sugar in large bowl. Add eggs, pumpkin, and water. Blend in flour, soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in nuts.
Bake until toothpick in center comes out clean. (about 1 hour and 10 mins @ 300 degrees)
Glaze: In small bowl with fork mix 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup undiluted orange juice concentrate, and 1/8 t ground allspice until smooth. Drizzle over cooled bread. Makes 1/2 cup glaze.


1 comment:

Faith said...

Looks good!
I'm getting upset, I'm still not on your blog list!!!! Not really, but my blog is
therogersfamily4.blogspot.com
Hope all is well. Hope to see you soon!