Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Meat cupcakes, Apple Pie, and Chicken Pot Pie... sounds gross when you say them all together!

Ok, this first picture is of dinner the other night. A friend of mine from college just told me about these BBQ Cups (aka "Meat Cupcakes") and I was totally grossed out! The name was a real turn off for me... but I went ahead and tried them out and they were a hit! The recipe made about 10 little cups and Charles ate 5! They were super tasty and oh so easy! Thanks Megan for sending me the link on Annalee's blog and encouraging me to try this dish! :) So here is the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:3/4 LB. GROUND BEEF 1/2 C KETCHUP 1 T MUSTARD 2 T BROWN SUGAR 1 CAN BISCUITS 1/4 C SHREDDED CHEESE
DIRECTIONS:PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES. BROWN THE BEEF AND DRAIN. MIX KETCHUP, MUSTARD, AND BROWN SUGAR TOGETHER TO MAKE A BARBECUE SAUCE. ADD THE SAUCE TO THE BEEF. SEPARATE DOUGH INTO BISCUITS. FORM DOUGH INTO CUPS ON THE MUFFIN TINS. SPOON THE MEAT INTO THE DOUGH CUPS. BAKE AT 400 DEGREES FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES(OR UNTIL THE BISCUIT DOUGH LOOKS DONE). SPRINKLE THE TOPS WITH CHEESE. AND DINNER IS SERVED!

This next picture is this WONDERFUL apple pie that I made today. My friend Michelle Young made this pie the other day and raved about it so I decided to do the same. Let me tell all of you out there it is soooo good! The recipe came off of www.thepioneerwoman.com (go to desserts and click on Scrumptious Apple Pie to see the recipe) Anyway, I made the pie this morning and told Charles it was for after dinner... when I got home from working out this is what I found! (at least he liked it... he suggested we leave a few forks in it so we could have a "bite" whenever) :)

This next food photo is of dinner tonight. I was on a pie kick and made Chicken Pot Pie. (My mom's recipe ) I wanted it to have a special touch so this is what I came up with! Charles could have cared less... he just wanted more pie! :)



9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you gave the meat cupcakes a chance! They are yummy, and the easy factor is definitely a plus in my book! Can you post your chicken pot pie recipe? I love chicken pot pie! And the apple pie looks amazing! PW's recipes never disappoint.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Katie, you are doing such a good job embracing Mommyhood! Those recipes sound delish!

Michelle said...

Meat Cupcakes, out of the kraft food magazine, those are good! Yeah, that apple pie is incredible, I'm thinking about making another one, but since I single handedly ate the entire thing except 3 slices, I better not!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the yummy food suggestions!! I am going to try the meat cupcakes tonight!! Sounds delish!

Tricia said...

WOW! I am so impressed! You are off and running on your Katie Project! I am so proud of you! I need to try cooking too. Probably on the days that the boys go to school. Love you!!

Katie said...

Lisa- Invite me to view your blog so I can read it! :) I tried today but it wouldn't allow me. :)

Andrea said...

You are doing so awesome! I am proud of you!!! Love ya girl!

JBailey said...

yum!!! i made those meat cupcakes the other day. My recipe called them Meat Muffins... not appealing. Andrew said they looked like something he ate when in Russia. They called them meatwads... made with mystery meat. ew! we loved them though!

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Will you post the chicken pot pie recipe, please!